Thursday 3 March 2011

Power Ballads - Every Rose Has A Thorn, Poison


There are some songs that are truly awful but one loves them anyway and this fits squarely into that category. I have always loved this song even though I know it's terrible. I remember buying the album just so I could listen to this song over and over. It was called 'Open up and Say Aaah'. WTF? It really was called that.

Then it was used in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey to such great effect. I still giggle just thinking about the joke. Maybe you had to be there at the time to really appreciate how funny this is but Death in the background just cracks me up. The whole film is hilarious and has Keanu Reeves in it (a major crush - a lifelong crush and a subject of a future post) but anyway, check it out:



I've always had a weakness for a poodle perm power ballad and we will revisit this theme I am sure over the coming weeks and months. But here it is in all its soft rock glory. Take it away boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...