Sunday 6 March 2011

Opening credits - Knight rider


Only in the 80s could a show be made where the star is a talking car. I am on a roll today with my 80s big haired heroes. This is classic saturday tea time entertainment. They don't make shows like this any more as we're all meant to be entranced by The X Factor and other crap like that. It's tragic.

Nothing was as good as this in its prime. Well, possibly The Dukes of Hazzard and The A Team - more on them another day. This show's premise was as thin as gossamer but nevertheless, very entertaining. Michael Knight fights crime with a talking, superhero car. That's it!

Much like John Forsythe in Charlie's Angels, the unsung hero of this was William Daniels, the voice of K.I.T.T. I once heard he didn't need any adjustment to his voice to sound like that and I believe this to be true as it's such a great story. If you don't know who he is, look here. He starred in St Elsewhere which I also loved.

This show introduced us to The Hoff. I love Mr Hoff and any 80s kid feels the same way. Big hair, tight trousers and a huge ego, this is the man that brought us Baywatch and respect is due.

Another contender for best TV theme tune here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...