Saturday 19 February 2011

Power Ballads - Heaven, Bryan Adams


The first in a new series in which I talk about power ballads I love and adore. This will be a long series as there is very little I love more than a soaring power ballad. The cheesier the better. Those power ballad CDs you can get in service stations? Made for me.

So first up, we have Bryan Adams with the seminal 'Heaven'. I am listening to it as I type. Ahhhhh, I am finding it hard to believe we're in heaven. So am I Bryan! I absolutely adore Reckless. It's just a great 80s album and it's easy to forget that Bryan Adams was actually really good once. I remember this coming out and playing it non-stop.  'Summer of 69' - what a song.

Bryan of course will always be best known for the Robin Hood song (which I admit to quite liking - told you I liked them cheesy) but this is his masterpiece for me. Covered endlessly but never bettered.

I suggest you all go and listen to it now and remind yourself how good it is. Here is the link.

3 comments:

  1. Cover of this in the last episode of Friday Night Lights (which I nearly bawled my eyes out at btw)!!

    I LOVE Bryan Adams, I've seen him live a few times and have a lovely picture of his wonderful denim clad derriere from the last time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mourning over the last FNL. Am jealous you've seen Bryan LIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven doesn't really do it for me but play Summer of 69 and I turn to goo .....
    "I got my first real six-string, bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it 'till my fingers bled, was the summer of 69"

    I am also rather fond of All for Love - Bryan, Rod Stewar and Sting (I dislike the other 2 intensly but I *heart* this song)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...