Monday 24 January 2011

Opening credits - Miami Vice


The first in a series in which I nominate best opening credits of a tv series. First up, Miami Vice.

Watch it here to remind yourself of its genius.

Ah yes, the flamingos, Miami Beach, fast moving shot over water, women in skimpy bikinis, parrots! I think you'd be hard pushed to find credits that so perfectly reflected the gist of the show than Miami Vice. It depicts Miami beautifully; much of the reason for me wanting to visit Miami was based on these credits (I was a bit disappointed to be honest). Helped along by a wonderful Jan Hammer theme. It's superbly and perfectly 80s.

I was never a huge fan of Miami Vice but the credits deserved an award of their own. I give them a 8/10. They lose two points for me bu not showing the stars of the show. Why would you miss an opportunity to show Don Johnson in all his sleazy goodness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...