Wednesday 5 January 2011

Gossip Girl


Gossip Girl is a prime example of why I will never stop watching teen drama tv. This seemed to burst on the scene a few years ago and it's fantastic. This is a show that does not put a foot wrong. From the glossy, expensive Upper East Side setting to the wonderful, drool-worthy clothes it's superior television that is a guilty pleasure for all ages.

It's really based on the world of Cruel Intentions (another favourite film). Cruel, spoilt bratty rich kids at an exclusive private school all having sex with each other and swanning around looking impossibly glamorous. For me, this show is all about Blair and Chuck. Both horrible characters that you can't help loving. I love Blair. She's just deliciously devious and has a wardrobe to die for. All the media fuss is over Blake Lively but I much prefer Leighton. I always prefer the brunettes!

The Humphreys don't quite work for me. I find Dan insufferable and want to smack Little J. I also loathe Vanessa who is just the lamest character in the show by miles. Lily and Rufus are quite cute though and I think the actress who plays Lily is one of the most beautiful women ever. She used to be in Melrose Place you know but that's a whole other post.

I don't quite have a crush on Chuck as he is too ridiculous but I could have quite a crush on Ed Westwick who I am proud to say is British. Nate is anodyne but I suppose 15 year olds like him.

If you've not watched Gossip Girl, then you are in for such a treat. I can't think of anything more enjoyable than curling up on a cold January Sunday with this boxset and indulging. I might even watch it again myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...