10. First up is a strange choice, Robin Colcord from Cheers. Never let it be said that I don't have a memory like an elephant when it comes to television. Robin was the stuffy English guy Rebecca chased after inexplicably. I have no idea whether this actor is English but he pops up in The West Wing years later playing the most annoying character ever. I hate it when American television portrays the English as eccentric lunatics and get their facts wrong. I dislike this actor anyway and the character was ill-advised. Some of us spent several years getting over the departure of Diane and characters like this did not help us.
9. This is a bit controversial. Danny from The Kids From Fame. I don't know, what was the point of Danny? He was the comedian who wasn't very funny. He couldn't sing very well. I just used to find every scene he was in to be rather tedious. Sorry Carlo but there it is.
8. Talking of controversial, we come to Dr Peter Benton. The surly, moody surgeon in ER. Now, I actually quite liked what they did with his character a lot of the time and I applaud that they had a miserable bastard portraying a surgeon as I am sure surgeons are moody and not particularly nice. However, Benton was relentlessly horrible to everyone around him. When he left, I didn't miss him.
7. Bill from True Blood. Not cute, not sexy, bad hair, annoying accent. Sookie, you could be with Eric. Have a word.
6. Just looking at Dan from Gossip Girl is making my blood pressure rise. The whole Humphrey family could fall into the river Hudson and I'd be cheering but I especially loathe Dan. He thinks he knows best, he's supercilious, he's smug and he's tedious. Be gone Danny Boy.
5. Oh good heavens above. Billy in Melrose Place was meant to be a heartthrob but did anyone get past the hair? The fact that Andrew Shue couldn't act at all or the fact that his character was an ocean of wetness? Message me if you did. I am genuinely interested.
4. Steven Carrington in Dynasty famously had his face melted in a oil rig explosion which meant a new actor. They cast him well, the new guy looked plastic. The old Steven was quite hot. Along with a new head, they gave him a new personality, just like they did when they brought in Emma Samms to play Fallon. The new Steven was painful and suddenly no longer gay either. So offensive. Just urgh.
3. Jess/Logan in Gilmore Girls. Now this is cheating a bit I know but I couldn't choose between them and I wasn't having two characters from my beloved Gilmore Girls in the list. So they are together. Both Rory's boyfriends, both supremely irritating in their own special way. First, Jess. Jess with his leather jacket to denote he was a bad boy. Jess who sulked and was actually horrible to Rory when she didn't really deserve it. Jess who needed a slap. Best bit - when Luke pushed him in the lake. As for Logan, he made Jess look almost good. No wonder Rory was so annoying with such lame boyfriends. They should have kept Dean. I liked Dean.
2. Aidan from Sex and the City. I have nothing against John Corbett at all, he's a good actor and I've enjoyed him in other things. This is absolutely all about the character of Aidan. I know there are women who swoon about Aidan. I always disliked him. Aidan was wimpy, pathetic and he made furniture. Give me Mr Big any day of the week. Aidan and Carrie were simply never convincing as a couple. When they got back together and he was really mean to her - pfffft. She should have just dumped him there and then.
1. This is so inevitable. I didn't have to even think about who had the number one spot. Brandon Walsh from Beverly Hills 90210. He was horrible. He was in every season and he just got worse and worse. He reached his pinnacle of obnoxiousness when he was dating Kelly. And his hair? No. No no no. They should have killed him off. Hated. Him.
Phew. As always, after a rant I am feeling better and ready for my supper. Who have I missed out? Tell me in the comments.