Saturday 2 July 2011

Grace Jones


Grace Jones is the original diva. Cooler than anyone can dream of being, mad as a box of frogs and simply wonderful. She's 63 - can you believe it? I love the cover of the album, Island Life (above). Just look at her. I want to be her!

Every time I read an interview with her, I love her a little bit more. It's easy to forget her music but that, my friends, would be a mistake. Pull Up To The Bumper is joyous and Slave To The Rhythm (one of the greatest introductions to a song ever recorded) is a desert island song for me.

Let's all embrace our inner-fierceness today on this sunny Saturday and channel Grace. I am going to be Grace for the day. Not sure what this involves yet other than wearing very bright make-up and growling rather than speaking. I don't know how I've never seen this video before, it's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...