Sunday 24 July 2011

Desperado


My Eagles post reminded me of Desperado with Antonio Banderas, a film that I was obsessed with in the 90s because of Antonio. I must have seen this film at least a dozen times and I never tire of it. It's a stupid film but it's looks beautiful - all those terracotta shades of Mexico and it has Antonio in it and I really don't think he's ever been better.

It's very violent but in a cartoon-like way. It has a huge amount of shooting which gets a bit tedious but it also has a wonderful opening, I adore this song.


The whole soundtrack is fantastic. Salma Hayek has never been hotter but really this film is all about Antonio. Ahhhh, Antonio. If only he hadn't insisted on marrying Melanie who I am convinced has ruined his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...