Sunday 19 June 2011

Summer songs - Boys of Summer, Don Henley


With this song we may have our first summer song AND power ballad. How exciting. I plumped for summer song in the title as it is summer. Apparently. Although it's not summer in London today. It's cold and wet.

I thought we could do with some sunshine and California dreaming and what better way than with this gem? The Eagles are one of my favourite bands and I always look with interest at any solo Eagles. I've always adored this song, it's so atmospheric. The video is hard to find but I tracked it down on YouTube. It may well be taken down soon as Don (or his record company) is a bit obsessive about copyright. Enjoy it while you can and pretend you are running along a sunny beach in Santa Monica. Ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...