Tuesday 3 May 2011

Gonna Fly Now


I have started running. I know, I know. It's such a cliche. Especially where I live. I don't think anyone walks round here. Instead they are flying along the river looking like a Boden commercial.

I, on the other hand, lumber along. But I am new to this malarkey. You know what gets me going? Imagining I am Rocky. I have a personal trainer and we did boxing in our first session. You know what got me through that? Imagining I am Rocky.

I bear no resemblance to Sly Stallone (I hope) but was there ever a more inspirational sports hero? The answer is no. The Rocky theme has long been my personal theme. I sing it in my head as I walk to work when I have difficult meetings, I sing it as I head out to the shops. There is no occasion in life where the Rocky theme isn't entirely appropriate. I adore it. I even managed to fit it into a presentation at work once and everyone else loved it too.

I am aiming to get so good at running that I can run up steps like Rocky and punch the air. We all need goals.

What's your life theme? I don't mind if it's Rocky too. In fact, if it is, are we soulmates?

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't going to comment on this as I don't really have a life theme. Or so I thought. Normally I have my iPod plugged in when I go to work or the shops or well, anywhere really (in an attempt to avoid contact with, yuk, people *shudders in horror*). However, today I forgot my iPod and as I was walking from Victoria to Baywater .... a FAR longer walk that I anticipated, I found myself humming not a tune as such, more a mantra 'Just a few more hours to tote the weary load'. for those that don't know, this is a line that Prissy sings as she, Scarlett, Melly and baby Beau are fleeing Atlanta and trying to get back to Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama Disco, a big GWTW fan, would be hooting with laughter at the thought of this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...