Tuesday 9 August 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it


There may be rioting in London but that's not what I refer to, oh no. I read this morning that Dirty Dancing is being remade and will be directed by Kenny Ortega, the man who brought us High School Musical. This is so completely unnecessary, do they really think they can improve on the first one? I don't mind Dirty Dancing 2 (in fact, I kind of like it what with the Cuba setting and all) but it wasn't a remake.

I weep for the future, I despair for mankind. I need to watch the original again and cleanse my mind of the horrors that a remake will inflict upon us. As if anyone could ever top the mighty Swayze. I am sighing deeply.

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly. Why do they keep making second-rate remakes of good films? It's not like the remake could ever be better, so why bother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot think of a single reason for remaking this film. Not one. It was perfect. More than that, it is iconic. You may as well fanny about with Breakfast at Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...