Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas songs: Stay Another Day, East 17


Last night I went to Emmy The Great and Tim Wheeler's Christmas gig. It was epic, they sang Last Christmas, Marshmallow World and Zombie Christmas. They also sang Stay Another Day and it's made me look at this song in a whole new light.

I've always had a soft spot for it but it's just moved up in my estimation. I'd never listened to the lyrics properly before and they are so sad. This is an unusual Christmas song in that there is no reference to Christmas at all yet it's very much a song for the festive season. It's the bells. And the snowflakes and parkas in the video! I really advise listening rather than watching this. None of these boys were at the front of the queue when looks were handed out.



Of course we live in a world where everything is up online as it happens so here are Emmy and Tim:


Festive fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...