Thursday 5 July 2012

The Blow Monkeys


I was listening to the radio this morning and a Blow Monkeys song came on (It Doesn't Have To Be This Way) and it occurred to me that they were a great band. Why were they not a bigger band? They had three fabulous songs.

Let's look at them in turn:

It Doesn't Have To Be This Way


This sounds like the Belle Stars as it opens but soon settles into something even better (almost unimaginable I know).

Digging Your Scene


OK, this sounds exactly like It Doesn't Have To Be This Way, how weird. I never noticed this before! It's the same song!


You Don't Own Me




I've saved the best for last. Of course this is from the sublime Dirty Dancing so we knew it would be great but it's so wonderful. I adore this song.


Whatever happened to them? I bet everyone reading this liked them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...