Working Girl is a film I've pretty much ignored because of my intense dislike of Melanie Griffith. However, thanks to Netflix, I watched this last night and it was a hoot. I don't think I've seen a film that simply has one song they play over and over again, in this case Carly Simon's Let The River Run. They really wanted to make that a hit. Other observations:
- Sigourney Weaver is fantastic in this and wears red to great effect.
- Joan Cusack is someone you'd like as your best friend.
- It has Kevin Spacey in it!
- And Alec Baldwin looking so young. And thin.
- David Duchovny is an extra!
- Oliver Platt!
- It's a six degrees of separation dream of a film.
- Melanie Griffith is obliged to wear horrible underwear in many shots.
- Harrison Ford is dreamy.
However, TeenBoy and I were mainly distracted by the hair.
I repeat, the hair:
Look, I lived through the 80s and I really don't think anybody had hair like this. I'm not saying it was a good decade for hair but really? TeenBoy was transfixed and asked me "how would anyone get their hair to do that?" Awwwwww, I love how men know so little about the wonders of back combing, perming and hairspray.
Anyway, in conclusion this is thoroughly entertaining and well worth another viewing. When you all get Netflix.