Saturday 17 August 2013

Nile Rodgers


Nile Rodgers. Truly a living legend. I know the thing to do when asked to identify your favourite guitarist is to say Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page or even Slash. Yeah, I love those guys but seriously, Nile Rodgers is the man. The man behind Chic and Sister Sledge. He could have just done that and be the man but he's all over the place this summer as the man behind Get Lucky, the song of the summer. I love Daft Punk, I love Nile Rodgers, so I was always going to love this. The whole album is great.

However, did you know how many songs this man is responsible for? I'm Coming Out and My Old Piano - both by Diana Ross, and oh my word, Kissing With Confidence, one of my favourite 80s songs.


How did I never know this?

He produced The Reflex by Duran Duran, Like A Virgin by Madonna,  Let's Dance by David Bowie. I didn't know about any of these. I feel so dim, how did I not know he produced Let's Dance? I adore that song. It's got one of my favourite introductions to a pop song ever.


I am off to make a Nile playlist and bow down to the guy. What a talent. I am closing with my favourite Chic song. The one that makes me want to be in Manhattan in 1978. If only.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know Nile's mum was just 13 when she had him?
    As far as I'm concerned he could have done nothing after Chic and he would still be a God. Le Freak is one of my fvouriteist songs ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that. Truly you are a fountain of important information!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...