Tuesday 28 August 2012

Bring me sunshine


Today I was listening to the Desert Island Disc archive and it was Ernie Wise. I've never paid much attention to Ernie Wise in my life but I listened to him talking about him and Eric, and the songs he picked and let me tell you, you won't find a better 30 minutes of radio on the internet. I swear, I was welling up or I had something in my eye.

First of all, he picked Singing in the Rain and talked about when they did a skit on the song. I've looked it up and ummm, hello. Can you dance like this?

 

I have to say though, it's really not that funny. It's sacrilege to criticise Morecambe and Wise and I am certainly not going to as Ernie is such a little mover.

This song alone races me back to my childhood. My nan used to love them and always sang cheerily along. Can you imagine any show ending like this now? It's delightful. You can't argue with the lyrics. It can't fail to cheer you up. RIP Eric and Ernie, they really don't make them like you anymore.




1 comment:

  1. Awwww,nthis brings back many a happy childhood memory! The Angela Rippon sketch, the making breakfast to stripper music skit and the Christmas specials. Happy days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...