Sunday 13 May 2012

90s songs: Mark Morrison, Return of the Mack


Writing about The Beatles poses a key problem - what to write about next? From the sublime to the ridiculous, I am going with Mr Mark Morrison who had a giant hit in the 90s with Return of the Mack. I should hate this song by rights but actually I don't. Whats more, I like it. I really like it. It's the definition of bling in music format and sometimes you just want blingy music.

I heard this yesterday for the first time in years and it transported me back to 1996. It's amazing how music can do that. Capital Radio used to play this all the time. I used to listen to Capital Radio, it's unlistenable now - not sure if that's me getting older or the station getting worse.

Anyway, here he is. This would be a great workout track but I am not sure I can bear to actually buy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...