Monday 23 December 2013

2013 RIP

Another year passes. Here are the deaths that have touched my heart.

Michael Winner. No, I don't harbour a secret affection for Death Wish but Winner was a true British eccentric and he went to school with my dad.


Mel Smith. Much sadness at this news. He was way too young.


Lou Reed. Effortlessly cool.


James Gandolfini. I never got in to The Sopranos but I enjoyed Gandolfini in many films. He was a class act.


Peter O'Toole. They don't make stars like this anymore.


Richard Briers. For The Good Life.


Lewis Collins. The cool Professional.


Joan Fontaine. For her legendary rivalry with her sister, Olivia De Havilland and for excellent genes - she was in her late 90s and Olivia is still alive.


Nelson Mandela may not be in entertainment but how can I not mention him? What a man. RIP.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...