Saturday 23 January 2016

The Police - Every Breath You Take


How have I not written about this yet? I'm in the sixth year of this blog and no mention of this masterpiece. I am just watching something I recorded last month about the top 10 richest song and I simply can't believe I've missed talking about this.

David Hepworth (I trust my discerning readers to know who he is) says: "this song is a masterpiece!" and I agree. I love it so much and I never tire of hearing it. If it comes on the radio, I do a little yay to myself and turn up the dial.

I know Sting annoys people. He's up there with Bono in the ranks of pompous, worthy ageing rock star but I like him. His voice is one of my favourite singing voices and he's hot.

 

This is by far the best song The Police every produced. The lyrics are clever, it's catchy and it sounds timeless, it's not obviously from the 80s.

David Bowie, Alan Rickman and Glenn Frey in the same week. Trust me, I am not ignoring them but I am not ready to write about it yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...