Saturday 14 September 2013

Hollywood costumes

I've been musing about films with memorable costumes over the past few weeks. My dad came to stay and said he recently rewatched Rear Window and couldn't take his eyes off Grace Kelly. Totally understandable as she is gorgeous however what makes her even more gorgeous in Rear Window is her wardrobe. This outfit is timeless:


And this is so elegant:


And this just makes me so envious of her, her style and composure:


I can't think of another actress as elegant as Grace Kelly. She is a proper movie star, you can't take your eyes off her. My all-time favourite Grace Kelly film for clothes is High Society. I love this blue dress and matching shoes:


And this dress is possibly my favourite dress in any movie:


The colour, the sleeves, the way she looks in it. Utterly gorgeous.

Also:


I don't know about you but my pool-side attire is very similar.

Grace's costumes were as much a part of the script as what she said. The same is true of course of Gone With The Wind. I could do a very long post simply about GWTW costumes (and one day I might) but for now, let's feast our eyes on this:


The best thing about this is the hat. I adore that hat and the green velvet bow.  Green is the main colour for Scarlett and this boudoir outfit is perfection:


And of course, we must mention the curtains dress! Which, by the way, I saw at the V&A exhibition recently and it's tiny. I don't think even half of me would fit in it.


I am currently inspired by Annie Hall. I love how modern Diane Keaton looks.




A look that inspire a whole generation of women. 

I shall be posting more about costumes as I think of more films that make them such a feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...