Sunday 21 July 2013

Starship - We Built This City


Look at that cover! It's 80s heaven. I much prefer this song to Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now which is overplayed and nowhere near as fun. I've just looked up the lyrics. For 30 years I assumed the line was 'Marconi plays the number" but it's not! It is "Marconi plays the mamba" which I don't think is as good. I mean, San Francisco was not built on Cuban music was it?

No matter, it's an 80s classic and I love it and it has a video they only made in the 80s. Magical.

 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree, between the two songs I think We Built This City is far superior. I can't believe I haven't come across your blog until now, I honestly love it to death! You have great taste! xx

    ultraspectacular.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...