Sunday 7 April 2013

Celebrity couples

Why do we care about who celebrities hook up with? It is clear lots of us do judging by the number of magazines devoted to the subject. It's not so much that I care but am fascinated. Beautiful people having sex with other beautiful people. I wonder if they wake up and look at each other and marvel at their gorgeousness? If they have conversations about who is more perfect? Raging egomaniacs that they usually are, I expect they do.

This post is about celebrity couples who are no more and who I thought were pretty good together. OK, I don't know any of them but that doesn't stop me having an opinion.

And so first up is Madonna and Sean Penn.


I have long held the theory that Madonna has never got over Sean Penn. I truly believe they were the perfect match; both bratty and determined to have their way. I think he's the only man who has been able to cope with her. And I love the way he is looking at her in this picture. It wouldn't surprise me if these two do eventually end up together in a nursing home because my belief is they are soul mates. And we can blame Sean for the Guy Ritchie disaster.

Let's move along to Brad Pitt. Oh Brad. He has had some killer girlfriends. I always thought him and Juliette Lewis were super-cool.


I really like Juliette Lewis, I think she marches to the beat of her own drum and I admire her for that. She made Brad cooler.

In a freaky case of identikit dating, he moved on to Gwynnie.


Matching hair cuts! I am no Gwyneth fan. Hmm, that's an understatement, I actively dislike her, she is so smug. Brad made her cool. She's never been cool since splitting up with him.

Brad and Jennifer.


These two were the beautiful couple. Absolute perfection. Poor old Jen eh? Actually, I don't feel sorry for her, she does alright. However, there is no doubt that her and Brad together were the epitome of celebrity matchmaking. In terms of who benefitted more from this relationship, it's pretty much 50/50, they both were better for it. Curses to you Angelina! Now Brad is just dull.

The Johnny Depp date book coming right up. Johnny and Winona (Forever).


Like Madonna with Sean, I don't believe Winona has recovered from losing Johnny. And it's hard to imagine how you would. I am not a huge Depp fan but he was insanely sexy and this shot shows her devotion to him.

Johnny and Kate Moss.


I don't believe there has ever been a cooler couple. An example of dating in your own image, they have the exact same bone structure. I bet they just spent every day, all day having sex. Good for them.

Johnny and Vanessa Paradis.


I don't think Vanessa got the best years. In fact, he generally looks like he needs a wash. I did feel a little sad when they split though. He really does have gorgeous girlfriends.

Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams.


Anyone who has seen The Notebook wants these two to be together but nooooo.

Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston.


He's never going to do better than this. She was uber-glamorous while being utterly cool.  I love this shot, you know they are having a totally brilliant time.

Another example of dating someone who looks like you: Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis.

Same lips! I loved that these two were together because they are two of my favourite actors. But alas, it wasn't to be.

Bringing me on to Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins.


Why did this have to end? I know, I know, they are entitled to do whatever they want but honestly, have you ever seen a more perfect couple? I am not sure I can ever forgive them.

Rhea Perlman and Danny De Vito.


Now this was utterly bizarre. I mean, together for 41 years! (I just Googled that). Again, how could they?

It's like they don't care about what I think. It's truly baffling. Who have I missed?

5 comments:

  1. Danny and Rhea are back together - says so, right here!
    http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20684460,00.html

    I agree that Winona probably never got over Johnny Depp but I really think that Kate Moss never got over him.

    What about Demi and Bruce? Or indeed Demi and Emilio?! And lets not talk about Demi and Ashton!

    I'm still upset about Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake ...... partly coz I love the fact she snared someone 9 years younger than herself (although that's no surprise seeing as she is gorgeous) but mainly coz they always looked like they were having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Danny and Rhea! I cannot believe I forgot Demi. Demi and Bruce were perfection, never been as good apart. And yes to Cameron and Justin although I've decided he's now a complete idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny and Rhea, Johnny and Vanessa are my favorite couples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet? Now, they were a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, so perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...