Saturday 7 April 2012

Crocodile Dundee


Crocodile Dundee is one of my favourite movies of the 80s. I've seen it many times, it's one of those films that when it is on the TV, I'll watch it. I love the innocence, the classic fish out of water storyline and the transition from the Australian outback to Manhattan. But most of all, I love Paul Hogan. What a guy! He's so perfect in this, I don't think there was any other actor who could have played Mick Dundee. He looked like he ambled in from playing with kangaroos and knocked out this film in his spare time. He is effortless and really rather yummy in it. Check out the biceps.

The funniest scene is when the punks try to mug them in New York and Mick says "call that a knife", pulls out his massive hunting knife and says "that's a knife!" Makes me laugh every time.


I also love the scene in the bar with the trannie and the amazing party scene purely for the 80s fashion on display and the fact they play one of the best songs of the 80s: Mental as Anything, Live it Up.

It has a lovely romantic ending that can't fail to fill you with the warm and fuzzies. In short, it's a text book romcom. You might like to know that Paul Hogan and Linda Kozlowski are still together which is rather sweet.

The trailer gives all the good scenes away which is one of my pet hates however I am pretty sure if you've not seen Crocodile Dundee by now, perhaps you never will. Your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...