Saturday 16 December 2017

RIP 2017

Where has this year gone? While not as devastating as 2016 (nothing can be as bad as George Michael), 2017 has not been good either.

Here I remember the celebrities who left us this year who mean something to me.

Glen Campbell. For Wichita Lineman, thank you Glen.


Bruce Forsyth. Now, I am not a huge fan of Brucie but the original Generation Game is part of my childhood and for that, we remember.


Erin Moran. Too soon for Joanie.


Keith Chegwin. I once saw Keith on a school trip to watch a recording of Cheggars Plays Pop. Seriously. Yes, I know you're all jealous.


Roger Moore. He had good innings but even so, he seemed like such a gent.


Sam Shepard. I rewatched Baby Boom in his honour and then felt very sad at his death. He is very nice in it. In fact, that whole film is nowhere near as bad as you may think.


Harry Dean Stanton. I am meant to reference Alien. Instead I will just say Pretty in Pink.


Tom Petty. Sigh.


2 comments:

  1. I would add Robert Hardy to this list. Yes, he was in his 90s so had a good long life but All Creatures Great and Small was a HUGE part of my childhood so he deserves a mention just for that. Also, Barry Norman who was the best Film *insert year* presenter in my not so humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't gotten over 2016 taking Carrie Fisher from me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...