Thursday 4 June 2015

Freaky Friday


The original Freaky Friday with Jodie Foster has always been a bit of a favourite of mine. I've not seen it in years but Jodie! Anyway, this remake is a hoot. I saw it on TV the other day and laughed like a drain. It's genuinely really funny because Jamie Lee-Curtis and Lindsey Lohan are brilliant.

The academy rarely rewards comedy acting and it's a crime because these two both deserve awards for their performances in this. Jamie driving the kids to school with the dreamy Mark Harmon on the first morning they've swapped bodies is one of the funniest scenes I've watched for a long time. Lindsey is great as the prim mother trying to comfort her 'daughter' when she has a meltdown. Everyone in this is great and it has a bonus Coco from Fame appearance too. But this film is Jamie's, she is simply magnificent and it reminds me why I like her so much. She's so much fun, I bet Jamie and I would be friends. She comes across as so normal for someone who is essentially Hollywood royalty given her parents. I might kick start a JLC season and open it with Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...